Hawthorne is a full-service advertising agency, specializing in strategic planning, creative development, production, media planning, buying and analytics, and campaign management for integrated marketing campaigns. This position will serve as Hawthorne's social presence of our clients.
As this is an unpaid internship, we are looking for at least two full days (or three-four half days), but internship schedule is flexible. Must be eligible for school credit.
• Familiar with third-party content creation platforms (think WordPress, Canva, Photoshop, Hootsuite) and possibly owns an arsenal of innovative tools to boost creative thinking.
• A master of upcoming trends.
• Forming and nurturing online communities/followers. From identifying buyer personas to seeking influencers.
• Investigating and researching the multitude of industries our clients work in.
• Developing reports from traffic, engagement, and other important benchmarking analytics alongside our Engagement Futurist (Digital Marketing Strategist), and delivering them with recommendations to clients on a monthly basis.
• Managing a working editorial/social media calendar with a seer-like approach to researching, scheduling, and posting compelling unique and evergreen content.
• Thorough understanding of and experience with relevant social media platforms, including Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.
• Using Microsoft Suite and Google programs, including Google Drive, Microsoft Excel, and similar.
• 2+ years of social media and/or communication experience.
• Understanding and ability to produce Facebook Live, Snapchat Stories, Periscope and other live video media.
• Track record of growing company, organization, or association's social media presence.
Here's what you'll be doing:
• Social media engagement and analysis internally and externally.
• Social media campaign and content creation.
• Social media and content scheduling.
• Internal blog writing.
• Email content and assembly.